Saturday, May 16, 2009

To keep me entertained there always needs to be an element of surprise involved. If I am going to take time out of my day to sit in front of an electric box, I need to be stimulated. And this year, I’m like a comfortable chair that just had a vibrating mechanism installed in it. I can’t get enough of this schmootz. So bare with me as I reveal the top 10 shows that are revvin’ my engine this year! And number 10 is….

Millionaire Matchmaker

As a Jew living in a world full of Goy’s (the Yiddish term for followers of Christ) I find myself constantly trying to relate to naturally, my own kind. So who better than Patti Stanger to bring out the Jew in me. I think this show is absolutely hillarious. It’s a great concept. It’s like Fiddler on the Roof meets Wall Street. It’s ridiculous. These men crack me up! We’ve got emotionally retarded, socially inept babies who are good at one thing – making money and taking names. So instead of finding an aspect of life to step out of “business mode,” they relate everything they do to the old standard question, “what can I get out of this situation?” Instead of living for the simple things in life all these men know how to do is twist love into some sort of business deal. Newsflash – women don’t want to be treated like a transaction, there are no contracts involved, no gimmicks, all we want is to be cherished and adored and give it back in return. If you ask me, Patti has one of the hardest jobs in all of history. Making money by setting middle aged millionaires up with hot, young women has to be to tough, especially in La La Land. She spends so much time dueling with these guys about their issues, when it is unfortunately a waste of time. I have a fifty year old father who is so set in his ways that God could come down from heaven, sit in front of him and say ”I am the Messiah and it’s time to go to Temple” and he would call bullshit. So based on observing the only single, fifty year old, successful business owner that I love, I can imagine Patti’s frustration. But hey, she has a show on Bravo based off of her career as a 3rd generation matchmaker, so she’s doing something right. And in the end, and this is part that I love, she puts her hands together and asks her client, “does the penis go up or down?” If it all goes back to that tride and true ideal of men thinking with their little head instead of the big one. So what have I learned from Patti? I learned nothing. A year older, none the wiser, more frustrated. But I love it. Good tv, good personalities, good concepts….GREAT show.

No comments: