Monday, December 28, 2009

THIS IS WHAT MOVING LOOKS LIKE...MAYHEM

I'm moving...if you didn't know that then welcome to my life. I know, I know...Tiger Woods' sluts and familial destruction has been fiercely more important than my move, and that's where you have been for the past 3 weeks. I get it, he's Tiger, I'm only me. Welcome back. So basically my room looks like a crime scene. It literally looks like my entire room/the basement was ransacked and destroyed. 11 days til the big drive cross country AKA the first step of this mountain climb of a situation. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be more excited but it does contain an enormous amount of inner battling. Here's a typical conversation I have with myself on a daily basis:

Me: So "Anna Karenina?" Keep or toss?
Me: Let's keep it. It's supposed to be a classic.
Me: But, you've had it for 10 years and never read it. Why can't you just go to the library and take it out?
Me: I just want it.
Me: Okay, you win. Keep it.
Tough battle, "hardly" fought...easily won. Those three boxes in the photo below are only filled with books. Ha.


















Or, this gem of a convo regarding clothes...
Me: You haven't warn this sweater ever.
Me: That's okay I'll wear it one day. It's really cute.
Me: When did you get it?
Me: Like 3 years ago at Macy's.
Me: Oh. But your going to be in Los Angeles where it's warm. You won't even wear wool sweaters in Chicago when it's below zero because of your hot bloodedness.
Me: Okay, but it's still cute.
Me: Okay, you win. Pack it up.
See, I have some mind boggling decisions to make. Okay, in reality, maybe I am being a little bit of a hoarder, but truly, my clothes mean a lot to me, my books mean a lot tot me - both make me who I am. Even if I don't utilize them. And don't plan to ;) I'm the queen of excuses and debating.



















Um, yea....those are my wardrobes (after I cleaned everything out to give away). Tells ya a lot. Good thing my closet in the new apartment is a walk-in and big enough to accommodate everything you see here. I keep forgetting about my dresser, which is large and contains many more pieces of my apparel. Ooh, and my purses, coats and shoes. Riiiiiiiiiiight. Hmmm.




A few boxes. Not bad, not bad




















I don't know how to explain this. 11 days. 11 days. 11 days. 11 days.










That's me after taking these photos. ------->

No comments: