Thursday, December 3, 2009

Moving Realizations

One of my favorite pastimes is driving through the Illinois countryside on a fall day. The sun doesn’t have to be shining; it doesn’t even have to be mildly warm. As long as I have my tunes blaring and a wide open space to clear my mind, the day will be my idea of perfection. I’ll truly miss that feeling in LA. Not to say that LA doesn’t have its share of breathtaking scenery. I’m sure I will find enjoyment in taking long drives all over California, but I am a born and bred mid-Western girl with a deep appreciation for the country. I’m a blend of values and innocence from the land of vast corn fields and pastures and sassy smarts from city life. One day I could be perfectly fine with a book and a view to enjoy it by, and then a day later have the need for bustling, traffic filled streets, thousands of faces to pass and an evening of dancing and drinks to celebrate life in.

**Just some thoughts as the days grow closer to the biggest move of my life!

No comments: